Sunday 3 April 2011

Flowers For Mother's Day





Christmas Daisies
Watercolour on Paper
12cm x 34cm (4.75" x 13.5")

I painted this pair of paintings (a diptych) as a Christmas gift for Elaine’s Mum.

It has taken me so long to get them framed that I’ve tried to pass them off as a Mother’s day gift.

They were fun to paint and are based on a demonstration from Vinita Pappas’ blog (http://www.create38.com/july-lesson-part-1-wild-daisies-watercolor-painting-demo/).

By coincidence, my sister Sarah painted some Sunflowers, which she gave to our Mum as a Mother’s day gift.

2 comments:

  1. I like the paintings. I think the title might give away the original timescale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine asked whether I should change the name of the post or the pictures, but I like the contradiction.

    ReplyDelete