Sunday 17 July 2011

Works in Progress

Ned Hanlan II
(Work in Progress)
Watercolour on Paper
34cm x 24cm (13.5" x 9.5")

I haven't finished a painting to post today. So, I am using this as an opportunity to try something new and to post some works in progress.

The pictures have a lot in common. They both feature moody weather, they both went through a stage when I thought they were irretrievably ruined and they are both at a point where I can see what I need to do to finish them.

The sky is a key element in both paintings and neither of them has turned out exactly as I wanted, but I am sure I can fix them.

There are stories to go with both pictures, but I will save them until they are finished.

At least one of them should be ready for next weekend.

Storm Over Fort George
(Work in Progress)
Watercolour on Paper
26cm x 35.5cm (10" x 14")

No comments:

Post a Comment