Sunday 2 October 2016

September 2016 Sketches

Hedge Fruit
18 September 2016
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

I didn’t sketch as much as usual in September. There were lots of distractions - the most important of which was Elaine starting a new job.

Statue of St Peter
11 September 2016
Graphite Pencil
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
14.0cm x 20.3cm (5.5" x 8.0")

The only sketch I managed in the first half of the month was the drawing of the statue above the doorway of our local church. Fortunately, I managed to sketch each day towards the end of the month when Elaine and I were on holiday.

Condor
17 September 2016
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

We rented the canal boat “Condor” with Paul, Wendy and Alfie from the excellent Brecon Park Boats.The sketch at the top of the post are some lovely tomatoes that Paul and Wendy brought from their garden.

Brecon - Canalside Cottage
19 September 2016
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

I had to consider the cottage sketch finished when it was time to pick up our dinner from the Chinese takeaway.

Bethany
20 September 2016
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
14.0cm x 20.3cm (5.5" x 8.0")

The barge Bethany was moored close to us at Talybont on Usk. Almost inevitably, when I was 20 minutes into the drawing, another boat moored and blocked my view. I had to shift my position along the towpath and adjust the details of the scene as though I was still sitting in my original position.

I am hoping to get more sketching done in October by participating in the InkTober drawing challenge to complete an ink drawing a day for the entire month.

No comments:

Post a Comment