Sunday 17 September 2017

Welcome Back


Welcome Back
12 September 2017
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
14.0cm x 20.3cm (5.5" x 8.0")

It took me 3 days to draw and paint our new front door. I started on Sunday and was rained off after a few minutes. I finished the drawing on Monday before getting rained on again and got up early on Tuesday to paint it before the rain started. I must have chilled on Wednesday or whatever Craig David did.

Mmm... Cookery Books
29 August 2017
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

l am beginning to find time to draw and paint after a hectic period with moving and work.

Pot and Bowl with Shadow Shapes
27 August 2017
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

Last year, I learnt a lot from Liz Steel’s Sketching Now - Foundations course, so I'm following it again to get back into the swing of regular sketching. The sketches on this post are my favourites from the first 5 lessons. They seem more confident and relaxed than last year.

In the Bathroom
4 September 2017
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

I can never get this toothbrush right. I've drawn it 4 times and it always ends up too wide. This time I was intent on making it stick thin and it still ended up looking stocky. The pattern on the toiletry bag was fun because I didn't fuss about accuracy.

Modest Too
4 September 2017
Ink and Watercolour
Stillman & Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook
20.3cm x 14.0cm (8.0" x 5.5")

The pencil case was a gift from Elaine. I’m not quite big-headed enough to buy it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment