Sunday 1 July 2018

Expressive Drawing – Composite Drawing from a Sampler

Composite Drawing from a Sampler
Expressive Drawing - Chapter 5 - Build 1
Charcoal and Graphite on Paper
59.4cm x 84.1cm (23.4" x 33.1")

Chapter 5 of Expressive Drawing by Steven Aimone concerns Texture. The build exercise  involves creating a Composite Drawing from a Sampler. It is a two-part exercise. The first step is to create a sampler of the different textures in a subject. The second part is to create a drawing without reference to the subject, using the sampler as a reference with little or no regard to how the textures are arranged in the real subject.

I created a drawing based on the view from our garden. I was pleased Elaine found the picure reminiscent of the local landscape without knowing my choice of subject. I suppose I cheated really because there are parts of the drawing that are obviously supposed to look like a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment