Sunday 21 October 2018

From Doodle to Birthday Card


Happy Birthday Elaine

Elaine liked the Gone Fishing doodle I included in the post on Silhouetting, so I made it into a Birthday card for her. I know, it’s not a romantic image, but the card was made with love.

Creating it was relatively simple, I:

  • Wrote Happy Birthday on rice paper using a brush pen.
  • Used GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program - a free alternative to Photoshop) to colour and combine the images. 
  • Uploaded the resulting image onto a Moonpig card. 

This isn’t a cost-effective way of creating cards to sell, but it worked well as a one off. One thing I would do differently next time is to save the images in a higher resolution. I would also consider combining the image and text in a desktop publishing package rather than an image manipulation package.

Happy Birthday Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment