Sunday 1 September 2019

Drawing and Painting the Landscape – Cubes


The Queen and Albert
Watercolour and Ink
Moleskine A4 Watercolour Album
297mm x 210mm (11.69" x 8.27")

Chapter 3 of  Drawing and Painting the Landscape by Philip Tyler is about perspective. The chapter begins with simple perspective (see Drawing and Painting the Landscape – Simple Perspective). Lesson 8 continues the topic by looking at the impact of perspective on cubes and objects that are at an angle to our line of sight or inclined either uphill or downhill.

There isn’t a clearly defined exercise, so I drew this view of the cubic Queen and Albert Bed and Breakfast in Stratford, Ontario from a photo I took when Elaine and I stayed there in June 2011.

I also took the opportunity to practice the skills I recently picked up from Liz Steel’s SketchingNow Watercolor course  (see SketchingNow Watercolor (Lessons 1 to 2) and SketchingNow Watercolor (Lessons 3 to 4)).

No comments:

Post a Comment