Sunday 24 April 2022

Sunset

 

Javid's Sunset
Watercolour on Paper
12cm x 16.5cm (4.75" x 6.5")

Sunset is the sixth topic in the Skies and Weather chapter of Creating Textures in Pen & Ink with Watercolor by Claudia Nice.

Once again I cross referenced Claudia’s advice with a section in James Gurney’s Color and Light (A Guide for the Realist Painter). I also watched a YouTube video about painting sunsets by Javid Tabatabaei - How to paint sunset and landscape in watercolor. The picture at the top of the post is my version of Javid’s painting. I watched his video in short segments in one room and ran in to another to work on my painting. Elaine asked me to turn off the sound. If you watch the video, you will understand why.

West Pier Sunset
Watercolour on Paper
12cm x 16.5cm (4.75" x 6.5")

This is a view of the approach to the ruined West Pier in Brighton from some photos I took in 2007. I sent the best part of a year working in Brighton – I’ve had worse jobs.

Porth Mellon Sunset
Watercolour on Paper
12cm x 16.5cm (4.75" x 6.5")

This is a view from Porth Mellon beach on St Marys (Isles of Scilly) from some photos I took in 2014. Elaine and I were walking to Juliet’s Garden for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment